FOLEY, Ala. - The American Basketball Association (ABA) announced that the Baldwin County Hoopers, representing the Baldwin County area of Southern Alabama: (Foley, Gulf Shores, Daphne and others) …
FOLEY, Ala. - The American Basketball Association (ABA) announced that the Baldwin County Hoopers, representing the Baldwin County area of Southern Alabama: (Foley, Gulf Shores, Daphne and others) has been added to the growing list of expansion teams for the upcoming season, Oct. 2021 - March 2022.
“This is a great addition to the league and to the Southeast Division,” said ABA CEO Joe Newman. “The organization was founded by former Division I college football player turned teacher and entrepreneur Marcus T. Washington and Marcus certainly has the background and experience to do a great job on and off the court.”
As a Community Advocate, Athletic Director and High School and College Coach, Newman added that Washington has learned the importance of sports working through the community.
Washington, who owns the Baldwin County Hoopers franchise and is president of My Community Mentor, Inc., said he is excited to get the program up and running.
“I am ready to bring an entertaining community building style to the ABA,” he added. “I will bring my experience as owner/player/coach and help build out and develop the roster. The team will sponsor community nonprofit My Community Mentor, Inc as the Big Brother/Little Brother AAUJ program mentors. We’re excited.”
Washington is currently seeking sponsors for the upcoming fiscal year as he plans a partnering program for the first profession basketball season starting in October. He said he is looking forward to partnering and receiving a sponsorship through Baldwin businesses as he helps promote each business as a supporter of Baldwin County Hoopers and My Community Mentors, Inc.
“We plan to mentor and bring together a community building experience through basketball,” he said. “We are working to bring a first-class community building experience to Baldwin County in our inaugural season October 2021 - March 2022. We will join the American Basketball Association a league founded in 1969 that merged into the NBA in 1976.”
To learn more about the mentoring programs and sponsorship opportunities, contact Marcus T. Washington at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Louis Pope at 850-549-5770. Also see their Facebook page at: Facebook.com/My-Community-Mentor.
Washington is also finalizing opportunities gifted through the season similarly to the following:
1) Season Tickets
2) Special Night game
3) Fast Break memberships
4) Company logo on the team uniform
5) Full Page ad in home game programs
6) Announcements of your business during All home games
7) Your company wall banner displayed at All home games
8) Your company table banner displayed at Scorer Table for All home games
9) Your company logo and link to your website placed on team website for one year
10) Ability to promote your business as a Special Night sponsor
11) Team up with non-profit charity for the Special Night game and gain added exposure from their data base
12) One autographed official ABA basketball from the Baldwin County Hoopers
13) One person from your business can represent you as an official “coach” for the game, sit on the bench with team, and call one play to be run during the game
14) 20 Baldwin County Hoopers T-Shirts with your company logo on them