FOLEY, Ala. — Representatives of Foley HighSchool announced plans to honor inducteesinto the 2020 class of the Foley High SchoolAthletic Hall of Fame on Oct. 23 prior to thegame versus …
FOLEY, Ala. — Representatives of Foley High School announced plans to honor inductees into the 2020 class of the Foley High School Athletic Hall of Fame on Oct. 23 prior to the game versus Theodore High School.
Principal Russ Moore asks that individuals wishing to make a nomination for this recognition do so by Monday, July 6.
The Foley High School Athletic Hall of Fame was established in 1984 to recognize the outstanding achievements of individuals who attended and/or were coaches at FHS.
The long-standing tradition of excellence in Foley High School’s athletic programs has brought to the forefront a great number of outstanding athletes. Over 150 athletes and coaches have been inducted into the Hall of Fame and more than eighty individuals have been honored in the associate category.
The community can become part of this recognition program by submitting a nomination for your favorite Lion athlete, coach, or booster according to the following criteria:
• Athletes and coaches will be considered as candidates for the Hall of Fame. Others who have made exemplary contributions to Foley High School’s athletic program are eligible for associate status.
• There is a 10-year waiting period from the date of graduation before an athlete may be considered. There
is no waiting period for coaches.
• Athletic abilities and achievements during the nominee’s school career will be the primary considerations.
• Service to the school and community before and after graduation will also be considered.
Nominations should be sent to the following email: RMoore@bcbe.org, or to
Foley High School Athletic Hall of Fame, Foley High
School, 1 Pride Place,
Foley, AL 36535.
For more information call 251-943-2221.
Nominations should be in writing and must include the following information:
• Name of nominee.
• Phone number.
• Years of participation.
• Year of graduation.
• Sport(s) in which the
• Special honors received.
• Outstanding contributions
or honors outside the athletic field.
The honorees will be formally inducted at 6:30 p.m. prior to the Theodore game on Oct. 23 at Ivan Jones Stadium.